The downside to running a 100 mile ultramarathon is that, between training and preparation, it kind of demands a lot of attention and focus and so I have to apologise for a three month hiatus in updating this blog. And what a three months it’s been!
- Yes, I’m still playing SWTOR. Or still subbed (and just renewed) at any rate although I haven’t actually played that much for a month or so (race then holiday and although I took my laptop, I neglected to take my security key). Big news is that I finally got to level 50 on my Trooper. The downside is that we elected to move server during the transfers and she is now called by a different name which annoyed me. My guild has all but quit the game for the most part which is disappointing although they’ve left me in charge of not one but two guilds.
- 1.3 has come and gone and added the Group Finder to the game. I can’t comment on it at all because I haven’t used it. I haven’t used it because I haven’t grouped and live in fear of PUGs and the general abuse bandied around at “noobs”. Then again, my Smuggler is currently Sawbones and healers are always welcome, right?
- SWTOR is going Free-to-play. I can’t even begin to comment about this because a) I’ve missed the boat when this was a hot-topic and b) I don’t think I care. I’ll discuss it more when there’s a date and when I next have to renew my sub (in January).
- There was a new world event: The Grand Acquisition Race. I managed to play it for one evening before going on holiday (and then took my laptop away but not my security key so I didn’t finish it. D’oh!)
- I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum to celebrate the release of The Dark Knight Rises. Yay for finishing video games (it’s a rare occurence in these parts.)
- Both Funcom’s Secret World and ArenaNet’s Guild Wars 2 were released, the latter now only a mere 9/10 days old (officially) and still has that just-out-of-the-packaging smell. I’ll share my thoughts on both of those soon.
- I still haven’t updated this blog’s design.
So yeah, I’m back (not that I ever really left). I will be playing some more SWTOR soon, blogging about it, trying to find a balance in maintaining and gaming and a running blog and finding time to train, game and do all those other things too.
How have you all been?